Pages

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Star Wars Lego Birthday Party

























A six-year-old boy's birthday party was held at an athletic club.   I was limited in what decorations could be brought in because of the venue.  The six-year-old was a huge Star Wars Lego fan.  I created candy bags with his favorite candy and affixed tags that I created with the Star Wars Lego theme.  There was plenty of Star Wars favors and decorations but not so much Star Wars Lego items.  I wrapped candy bars with my own labels and glued Death Star cut-outs on gourmet lollipops.  I found some glow in the dark tubes to place in the push pops to look like light sabers.  I couldn't find the right shape for the tubes but it turned out okay for what I had to work with.  I made Yoda cake pops; sugar cookies in the shape of Darth Vader, Stormtroopers and Yoda; brownies made to look like Wookies, and cupcakes with meringue shaped like Jabba-the-hut.  The children were given gift bags filled with candy and Lego packs.  The venue provided the cake.  The Star Wars decorations were from Shindigz and I used my own Star Wars figures on the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment